Monday, March 02, 2009

Believe or not...I'm not a small child anymore!!!

Feeling a bit down today. Things just are not going quite the way I would like for them to go. You know when another adult continually talks to you like you are a child; scolds and reprimands you like one- forgetting you are a capable adult, so set on being "the hammer"," must discipline, must discipline, must exert force and authority", "I'm the boss, I'm the boss".

I don't know if this excessive "control" manifests itself because one feels lack of control or excessive stress. Anyway- I suppose I don't respond in the appropriate manner either. I become rather resentful and this builds up further and further into resentful frustration and apparent constant irritation and unnecessary jabs. But pointing it out creates an obtuse debate that I just will not win.. Conversations must be very very precise...tauntingly precise..once again as if I am a small child being told how to converse. Almost like a little game...the kind you play with children to intentionally frustrate them and make them think.

Quandary.....and some tears.....

No comments: